Please help us to support these merchants. They recognize that having sidewalks and streets that are free of litter is good for their business, their customers, and our community.
Interested in becoming a “Keeping it Clean” Merchant? FILL OUT THIS FORM.
|Mike Perry Studios||designer, artist||925 Bergen St, Suite 308|
|Kelso Bistro||bar and restaurant||648 Franklin|
|Owl & Thistle General Store||gift store||720 Franklin|
|Lily & Fig||bakery and tea shop||727 Franklin|
|Little Zelda||coffee shop||728 Franklin|
|Wedge||cheese shop||728 Franklin|
|Cool Pony||vintage clothes, etc||733 Franklin|
|HAD Associates||accountant||737 Franklin|
|739 Franklin Ave||bar and lounge||739 Franklin|
|wino(t)||wine shop||796 Franklin|
These merchants participate in one of these 3 programs:
- Adopt-a-Basket Program: Merchant(s) choose a public trash basket to adopt. DSNY provides plastic liners and the merchant(s) remove and replace the liner whenever it’s ¾ full, leaving the tied liner next to the basket.
- Sponsor-a-Basket Program: Merchant(s) sponsor — that is, buy via DSNY — a new-styled public trash basket, like one next to Bob & Bettys. The merchant(s) can contribute directly towards a basket or can raise money via customers/events/etc.
- “Keeping it Clean” Block Program: Merchants work together to regularly clean & monitor their block. Each block decides how it works together. For example, merchants could commit 1 staff hour a week to clean the sidewalks of participating merchants.
What “Keeping it Clean” Merchants Are Up To
|Adopt-a-Basket||Franklin & Park SW corner||1 merchant interested, wants to share responsibility with others.|
|Sponsor-a-Basket||Franklin & Bergen NW||1 merchant||$X raised|
|Sponsor-a-Basket||Franklin & Park NW||2 merchants||$X pledged|
|Sponsor-a-Basket||Franklin & St Johns SW
Franklin & Eastern SW
|1 merchant||$X pledged|
|Block Program||Franklin btw Bergen and St Marks||1 merchant (interested, needs others)|
|Block Program||Franklin btw Park & Sterling||7 merchants (active)|
|Block Program||Franklin btw St Johns & Eastern||1 merchant (interested, needs others)|
How CHCA Promotes & Supports “Keeping it Clean” Merchants
- Recognizing “Keeping it Clean” merchants on its website.
- Passing out a flyer listing “Keeping it Clean” merchants at each monthly meeting and at other local events.
- Issuing press releases at least twice a year listing “Keeping it Clean” merchants and activities.
- Providing merchants with a framed certificate to hang.
- Keeping merchants supplied with free, laminated “No Flyers” placards for their customers.
- Providing merchants with donation boxes for customer to contribute to Sponsoring-a-Basket at the merchant’s corner of choice.
- Managing email lists to allow “Keeping it Clean” merchants, and individual Block Programs, to communicate with each other and with CHCA.
How YOU Can Promote & Support “Keeping it Clean” Merchants:
- Patronize these merchants.
- FILL OUT THIS FORM (not yet active) to donate funds to help Sponsor-a-Basket or volunteer to help Adopt-a-Basket.
- Do your part to keep our neighborhood free of litter. See DSNY flyer.