- Violence Interrupter
- Paid volunteer Americorps position: Resource Assistant
- Paid volunteer Americorps position: S.O.S. Program Assistant
- Paid volunteer Americorps position: YO S.O.S. and Community Programming Assistant
Starting salary is $25.00 per hour.
Interested parties should contact John Hall for further information at
773-925-1572 or 773-972-8196 or
click on the following link: http://www.greyhound.com/en/
Citi Bike has now posted the full set of jobs for its NYC bike share workforce on-line: http://citibikenyc.com/jobs
The jobs will be based in the Brooklyn Navy Yard this summer for purposes of rolling out the majority of the bike share stations. The permanent warehouse and base for the system will be in Sunset Park.
SUMMER INTERNSHIPS NEEDED
Over the course of the last two years, the Crown Heights Community Mediation Center has formed a cadre of approximately twenty youth living in western Crown Heights. The group is called Y.O. S.O.S. – Youth Organizing to Save Our Streets
Sick and tired of the violence that their peers engage in toward themselves and adults, they have received extensive training in how they (as youth) can play roles in stemming potentially violent situations before they get out of control.
An idea of the work they have been doing can be found by looking at their Facebook page
As a “perk” for doing this work, we are going to try to help them find summer jobs and internships. We want every youth to get a chance to interview for a placement by the time school gets out. We are looking for the types of internships where the communication and problem solving skills that they have developed can be utilized. We are looking for the types of internships where these kids can continue to grow.
Please contact Ruby-Beth Buitekant: rbuitekant@
With the Opening of The Brand New Home of the Brooklyn Nets in Downtown Brooklyn, the Center wants to reach out to Brooklyn Residents on their current job opportunities.
With about six months to go until arena opening, the the center is looking for outstanding professionals to help run Barclays Center. Current postings are listed below and the Center Management will continue to share job openings with us as they become available.
Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment Jobs
Brooklyn Nets Basketball Jobs
- No postings at this time, please check back for future opportunities
Levy Restaurant Jobs
- General Manager of Clubs
- Director of Concessions at Barclays Center/Brooklyn Nets
- Director of Human Resources at Barclays Center/Brooklyn Nets
- Controller at Barclays Center/Brooklyn Nets
- General Manager of Suites at Barclays Center/Brooklyn Nets
- Director of Purchasing at Barclays Center / Brooklyn Nets
AEG Arena Jobs
- Assistant Box Office Manager
- Director, Finance
- Director, IT Services
- Manager, Engineering
- Manager, Facilities Services
- Manager, Guest Services
- Risk Manager
- Staff Accountant
Details about these employment opportunities are listed at the Barclay’s Center website:
The Summer Youth Employment Program provides New York City youth between the ages of 14 and 24 with summer employment and educational opportunities. Participants work in a variety of entry-level jobs at government agencies, hospitals, summer camps, nonprofits, small businesses, law firms, museums, sports enterprises and retail organizations.
The Summer Youth Employment Program is designed to emphasize real-world labor expectations, increase awareness of services offered by local community-based organizations, and provide opportunities for career instruction, financial literacy training, academic improvement and social growth. The deadline to submit an application is Friday, May 18. If you have further questions about the program, contact NYC Youth Connect at 800-246-4646.
The Wildlife Conservation Society’s New York Aquarium is welcoming new applications for its Teen Docent Program , where people ages 15 and up help staff exhibits and teach visitors about marine conservation.
Docent responsibilities include:
- Speaking with aquarium visitors and giving exhibit chats using biological artifacts and other visual aids
- Assisting with the development and implementation of special events
- Staffing information and craft tables during special events on-site and off-site
- Assisting Education Department instructors with school and family programs
- Teaching visitors how to interact with horseshoe crabs, sea stars, and other animals at our touch pools
- Conducting short marine conservation programs on the Coney Island Boardwalk outside of the aquarium entrance
Admission to the aquarium docent program is competitive. After an interview and orientation, accepted candidates must complete an intensive training course. The training includes sessions on marine science and public speaking skills.
Applicants under age 18 must have a teacher fill out the recommendation form and a parent must sign it. Applications are accepted between March 15 and May 18. An interview is mandatory.
Applications received after the May 18th deadline will not be considered. Once accepted into the docent program, you will be required to attend one of the following two 7-day training courses this summer, taking place from 10:30 a.m.–4:00 p.m.:
|Summer Training Course
For summer and year-long docents
|Fall Training Course
For academic-year and year-long docents
|Saturday, June 23, 2012||Saturday, August 18, 2012|
|Sunday, June 24, 2012||Sunday, August 19, 2012|
|Thursday, June 28, 2012||Saturday, August 25, 2012|
|Friday, June 29, 2012||Sunday, August 26, 2012|
|Saturday, June 30, 2012||Saturday, September 1, 2012|
|Sunday, July 1, 2012||Saturday, September 8, 2012|
|Monday, July 2nd, 2012||Sunday, September 9, 2012|
- MUST be a NYC Resident
- 21 years or older
- MUST have a valid NYS driver’s license
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Qualify as low income OR receiving public assistance
- MUST pass a drug test
- MUST pass a reading & math test at the 8th grade level
Please feel free to contact us at: 718-237-2017 ext. 149 or ext. 182.
To learn more please visit:
Coney Island Is Hiring!
Coney Island is hiring for the 2012 summer season! Over 8 local businesses, together with the Coney Island Development Corporation (CIDC) are recruiting for seasonal positions. If you are interested in landing one of these great positions, please attend one of the upcoming screening events.
|Tuesday, April 24, 2012
1904 Surf Avenue
|Thursday, April 26, 2012
1904 Surf Avenue
YouthBridge-NY application for the 2012-2013 fellowship year.
Application submission deadline is March 30, 2012.
Brooklyn Summer HEAT Youth Employment Program.
Application submission deadline is March 14, 2012.