UPDATE: August 7, 2013 The Livable Neighborhood Workgroup just sent Council Member Tish James the results of our trash petition and assessment:
The petition had 751 signatures! They will be meeting with Tish James and the Department of Sanitation in August to discuss next steps.
If you can find an hour or two during the next few weeks to help make our neighborhood more trash free, the Livable Neighborhood Workgroup needs your help.
There are many different ways you can help:
- Sign the online petition for more public trash bins and more pick-ups of these bins.
- Collect petition signatures from your neighbors. Print the petition or pick up blank petitions at HAD Associates, 737 Franklin Ave. Turn in filled-out petitions to HAD Associates by July 7.
- Help with the neighborhood trash assessment. Adopt an intersection and collect information about the public trash bins near you. Time commitment is 15 minutes/day and it will require some online data entry. To volunteer, contact Judy at email@example.com or 347-706-1824.
- Join the upcoming clean-up day. Saturday, June 29, 9AM – noon. Meet at 737 Franklin Ave.
- Distribute flyers for the clean-up day. Print the flyer, post it in on your block or in your building, and distribute to friends and neighbors.
- Join other volunteers for an hour of flyering and petitioning. To volunteer, contact Judy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 347-706-1824.Scheduled dates/times:
Sun, June 23, 5 – 6 pm
Tues, June 25, 6:30 – 7:30 pm
Thur, June 27, 6:30 – 7:30 pm
The petition and neighborhood trash assessment will be part of a package that we are sending to Council Member Tish James. We will thank her for coming to the last Town Hall and for inspiring us to tackle our trash problem. We will also ask for her help in solving our trash problem.
Questions? Contact Judy at email@example.com or 347-706-1824.
We live, work, and shop in Crown Heights West. We need more public trash bins and they need to be emptied more often so the trash does not overflow on to our sidewalks and streets.
The petition is closed now.