Elected officials or representatives present:
- Matthew Pitt from Councilwoman Laurie Cumbo’s office
- Evette Lopez from Assemblyman Walter Moseley’s office
Frank proposes reaching out to Friends of Crown Heights to ask if they would be a local pick-up/drop-off spot for electronics to be taken to Best Buy for e-cycling.
Affordable Housing Applications for 461 Dean Street
Information on how to apply is on our website.
- Our finances are always available for request.
- We have money to fund or sponsor projects in the community.
Updates and Reminders from Laurie Cumbo’s office
- 2nd Annual Shirley Chisolm Women of Excellence Awards – 6PM on 3/18/16 at Borough Hall. People can RSVP at 718-284-4700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Celebration of African American History – Saturday, February 27 from 12pm – 4pm
- Mobile Care Clinic at 250 Kingston Ave – Thursday, March 31st from 9:00am – 4:30pm
- Trailblazers Event at Medgar Evers College (1638 Bedford Avenue, 2nd Floor) – Thursday, February 25th from 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Two Bills Passed This Year – Intro 952 and Intro 49
Updates and Reminders from Walter Moseley’s office
- Job Fair
- State of the District – 6pm to 8pm Monday, February 22nd at St. Joseph’s College
- Black History Month Event – Film Screening on Monday, February 29th from 6pm-8pm at the Brooklyn Public Library
- Black History Month Essay Contest – Top writer will be awarded at film screening
- Student Cabinet – last Friday of each month for high school students.
- Seniors 60 and Over looking for assistance can call 718-596-0100
Updates from Rusty Zimmerman on the Free Portrait Project
- Thank You to Crow Hill for sponsoring event at Local Bell’s
- Next event this Thursday at Happy Lucky #1 Art Gallery from 8pm-11pm
- Another event will take place on Thursday, March 17th at Berg’n Beer Hall from 5pm to 8pm
- Will be exhibiting at the Brooklyn Children’s Museum starting in March
- Partnering with Weeksville Heritage Society on an Oral History Project
- Started a Parade Committee for a parade down Eastern Parkway on the way to the final exhibition. Those interested can reach out to email@example.com.
With a majority of members present (10 out of 13), Executive Board elections were held. The results of those elections are as follows:
- Frank Esquilin will stay on as President and Josh Thompson will stay on as Secretary.
- Keisha Jacobs, who came on as interim Vice President after Paul Carson stepped down to deal with a family emergency, will remain as Vice President.
- Similarly, Rusty Zimmerman (he of the Free Portrait Project), will continue to serve as the CHCA Community Liaison, after taking over for Connie Nugent Miller, who also stepped down due to a family emergency last year.
- The duties of the Treasurer will now be split between Keisha and Josh as Joanna Crispe, our Treasurer for the last two years, chose not to run again.