The meeting of the Crow Hill Community Association, Inc. was held on November 18, 2008 at the Haitian/American Daycare, Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn, New York.
The Following Items Were Discussed:
- We will have the Election of Officers at our December meeting
- Summary of the Landmarks meeting was given, 2 main benefits of landmarking
- improvement of our area
- protection against unwanted development
- Request For Evaluation materials were distributed
- For additional protection against development we need to work on a zoning downgrade from our current R-6 status
- Introduced Buy Brooklyn campaign
- Ms. Taylor has written a letter to sanitation about the dog poo on our streets and getting signage & fine changes
- Concern over street drug sales, we could have NYPD come to future meeting to answer questions.
Q&A from First Timers: what brought you to this CHCA meeting?:
- Does the Association help fight against dead beat landlords?
We haven’t had that request before but we are available to assist in finding what course of action to take
- Interest in preserving the small town character of the neighborhood
- Inspired by Obama’s words & election to get involved with the community
Minutes of the October 21, 2008 meeting were read and accepted.
FINANCIAL REPORT: .
Dues were collected.
There being no further business to discuss, Ms. Porter thanked everyone for coming and the meeting was adjourned at 9:00 p.m.