Below are various things taking place in Brooklyn and beyond…
- Monday, April 28: There will be a training for community leaders interested in promoting safe infant sleep practices in their communities from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Brooklyn. Breakfast and lunch will be served, and participants will be asked to attend a follow-up training in June. If you are interested, contact Helen Flowers by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Slots will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Free summer camp for children from low-income households: The Fresh Air Fund offers free summer camp experiences to children from low-income households who live in New York City. For more information and to apply, visit the Fresh Air Fund website
- Free legal resources: The 20th annual Law Week will be in Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan and the Bronx from April 29 to May 2 with one day in each borough. Free legal advice and referrals will be available. For more information, http://files.uft.org/parents/law-week-2014.pdf
- Internship program for youth ages 16-24: COACH is a paid, 11-week internship program organized by the Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation in Brooklyn. For more information, Emma Dealy Director of COACH email@example.com (718) 676-1544
- Resources for homeless female veterans with children: The Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program supports homeless veterans with children in transitioning to the civilian workforce with job training, computer access, services referrals and childcare. For more information, http://bvsj.org/vsc/hvrp3
- Job readiness workshop for veterans: Every Thursday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 665 Willoughby Ave in Brooklyn, there is a job readiness workshop for unemployed and homeless veterans. Refreshments are available. For more information contact Barrie Simpson at 718-852-6004 Ext. 252