CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT
(NON-CAREER) POSITIONS AVAILABLE
APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED ON-LINE
JUNE 07, 2014 THROUGH JUNE 13, 2014
SEE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW FOR APPLYING ON-LINE
Delivers and collects mail on foot or by vehicle under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area; maintains professional and effective public relations with customers and others, requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, products and geography of the area.
CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT (CCA) BROOKLYN & QUEENS ONLY
CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT (CCA) STATEN ISLAND ONLY
CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT (CCA) WESTERN NASSAU/110 ZIP CODES
WORK LOCATIONS: Throughout Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and the 110 Zip Code areas.
WORK SCHEDULE: Hours vary but will include Saturdays Sundays & holidays.
SALARY: $15.30 per hour.
- Written Exam Required: Postal Exam 473 – Instructions regarding the exam process will be sent via email once you successfully submit your online application.
- Driving Required: Applicant must possess a valid states driver license for a minimum of 2 years.
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal
- Service’s requirement to be drug free.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have permanent alien status.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older. Males born after December 31,1959, must be registered with Selective Service to work for the USPS.
- Applicants must apply online at WWW.USPS.COM (instructions below) and have a valid email address.
Current Non-career employees who wish to apply must use their existing external eCareer Profile, apply, and follow instructions for testing, or attaching previous test scores.
- GO TO: WWW.USPS.COM
- SCROLL TO BOTTOM OF PAGE AND CLICK ONTO: CAREERS
- ON THE RIGHT OF THE SCREEN CLICK ON: START AN ONLINE SEARCH
- NEXT SCREEN CLICK ON: SEARCH SELECT JOBS ONLINE
- IN THE “SEARCH CRITERIA FOR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNTIES” SECTION UNDER LOCATION SCROLL TO: NEW YORK
- CLICK: START SEARCH
- SELECT:CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT- BKLYN/QUEENS NY, OR CITY CARRIER ASSISTANT – STATEN ISLAND NY OR,CITY
- CARRIER ASSISTANT- WESTERN NASSAU-110 ZIP CODES, NY
Note: Current active duty military and career federal employees are not eligible for temporary postal employment.
USPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer