Crow Hill Community Association (CHCA) is a community organization with the mission of providing leadership, guidance, and assistance to the residents and merchants of Crow Hill, working collectively to resolve issues facing our community. Learn more.
When: Tuesday, December 16, 6:00PM
Where: CNR-Center Light Health Care Center, 727 Classon Avenue (corner of Park Place)
NYCDOT will be presenting a refined safety proposal for the intersection of Atlantic/Washington/Underhill Avenues at a jointTransportation Committee meeting with Community Boards 2 and 8 on Tuesday, December 16th. DOT previously proposed improvements to the intersection in 2011, but implementation was delayed due to water main construction at the location. A representative from DOT said that the agency’s intention now is to complete construction of the Washington Avenue improvements in the spring of 2015.
Thursday, December 11, 2014
Walt Whitman Theater at Brooklyn College
2900 Campus Road
(Near the Junction of Nostrand Avenue & Avenue H)
Registration Period: 5 to 9 p.m.
Hearing Begins: 6 p.m.
By Subway: to Flatbush Av Brooklyn College
By Bus: B6, B11, B41, B41-LTD, B44, B44, SBS, B103, Q35
Plan your trip with which provides you with travel directions that take into account any planned service changes.
Additional Ways to Comment
Comments can be submitted via email through our website at www.mta.info or by letter to MTA Government Affairs, 347 Madison Ave, 5th floor, New York, NY 10017. Customers may also visit the satellite facilities on the dates and times listed where comments will be videotaped. All comments will be transcribed and made part of the permanent record of these hearings.
Thursday, December 11, 2014
Concern for Independent Living
151 Rochester Avenue (between Prospect Place & St. Marks Ave)
Brooklyn, NY 11213
1. Meeting Call to order
2. Roll Call
3. Acceptance of Minutes
4. Ms. Sharon McLeod from the New York Memory Center will report on the statistics of Alzheimer’s disease and the impact in Brooklyn.
5. Ms. Nicole Francois, Assistant Vice President, Strategic Development & External Affairs at Interfaith Medical Center will make a presentation.
7. Action Items:
A) Housing/ULURP Committee
B) SLA and Sidewalk Café Review Committee
8. Report from the following committees:
- Economic Development
- Public Safety
- Youth & Family Services
9. Old Business/New Business
10. Acknowledgement of Elected Officials/Agency Reps
11. Public Comments/Announcements
Taking place from November 14th, 2014 through January 18th, 2014, SHOP LOCAL CB8 is an initiative by the Economic Development Committee of Community Board 8 to promote shopping locally in North Crown Heights, Prospect Heights and Weeksville,
Click here for more info.
On Thursday, October 9th 2014, 20-30 unsupervised students from local schools began a terrifying brawl outside a quiet Coffee shop on Vanderbilt Avenue b/t DeKalb and Lafayette Avenues (after school hours). Local business owners tried, desperately, to intervene but were met with profane language from students. 911 was called.
Come and join the conversation and help us to keep our neighborhood safe.
When: Wednesday, November 19th from 6:30pm-8:00pm
Where: P.S 20, 225 Adelphi St Brooklyn, NY 11205
Guests will include:
- Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams
- City Council Member Laurie Cumbo
- Kicey Motley of the NYC Mayor’s Office
- Local School Principals.
For more information, call (917) 353-2990
~ MEETING NOTICE~
Thursday, November 13, 2014
St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church
856 Pacific Street (near Vanderbilt Avenue)
Brooklyn, NY 11238
- Meeting Call to order
- Roll Call Acceptance of Minutes
- Ms. Jeneen Johnson from NYC HRA Child Support will make a presentation on child support enforcement information.
- Ms. Cara Lacey from Liro Group and Mr. Shane Ojor from the NYC Dept. of Environmental Protection will make a presentation on Bioswales, Storm Water Greenstreets, and other storm water management measures.
- Action Items:
SLA and Sidewalk Café Review Committee
- Report from the following committees:
Youth & Family Services
- Old Business/New Busines
- Acknowledgement of Elected Officials/Agency Reps
- Public Comments/Announcements
The Mobile Legal Help Center is a partnership between the New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG) and the New York State Courts’ Access to Justice Program that provides free civil legal services to New Yorkers in need. Private meeting rooms and technology inside the vehicle enable it to function as a full-service office.
The vehicle will be stationed at: 1700 Bedford Ave., Brooklyn
To Make an Appointment please visit the office of Council Member Laurie Cumbo on November 21, 2014 from 10am to 3pm.
For more information, please call 718-260-9191 ext. 2