Crow Hill Community Association (CHCA) is a community organization with the mission of providing leadership, guidance, and assistance to the residents and merchants of Crow Hill, working collectively to resolve issues facing our community. Learn more.
Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams is partnering with Delta Children on the Safe Sleep Brooklyn Campaign.
Through this campaign, they will be educating parents on important safety tips for providing infants with a safe sleeping environment, and Delta Children will be distributing free cribs and play yards to families in need.
Please help the CHCA (email@example.com) to identify families in need, but note that supplies are limited as only 18 families within the boundaries of CB8 will be selected by Monday, April 21st. Those chosen will receive either a crib or play yard. There are nine of each available.
On Saturday, April 19th, Brower Park will host the Trinity Grace Church of Crown Heights Annual Easter Egg Hunt at 11:00 AM. It’s a free event for kids 10 and under.
On April 25th, a panel discussion will be held to discuss the pros and cons of composting from 10am to noon at Brooklyn Borough Hall. Click here for more information.
For those interested in signing their children up for Pre-K next fall, click on the links below to find locations of enrollment sites and more.
Pre-K Enrollment Sites
First Economic Development Forum
Investing in Prospect Heights, Crown Heights and Weeksville
Date: April 24, 2014
Time: 12 noon until 6pm
Venue: 1000 Dean Street, Brooklyn, NY 11238
Real Estate, Opportunities and Investment in Community Board 8
- Chris Havens, Apts & Lofts
- Barbara Brown-Allen of Douglas Elliman
- Cassandra Smith, Atlantic Avenue Industrial Center/Greenpoint Manufacturing and Design Center
- Jonathan Berman, Investment Sales Professional, Ariel Management
- Dave Hanold, Vice President, New York Business Development Corporation
Expanding our Culture Assets in Crown Heights
- Tia Powell Harris, Weeksville Heritage Center
- Philip Hawkins, President, Friends of Brower Park
- Hanne Tienney, Five Myles
- Andrew Steininger, Vice President, Economic Development, Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce
- Regine Roumain, Haiti Cultural Exchange
Local Business Owners Speak: Challenges, Rewards, Advice
- Albano Ballerini, Owner, Amorina, Aliseo, and The Classon
- Kwhame Gittens, Owner, Docklands
- Toly Dubuinsky, Franklin Park
- Kim Ellison, Brave Insurance Consultants, Inc
Financial Literacy Workshop
Phone: 718-467-5574 and firstname.lastname@example.org
An Information Session and Presentation will be held on Thursday, APril 24th at the
Teen Challenge Center, located at 444 Clinton Ave (b/w Gates & Greene Ave) from 6:30pm to 8pm. Doors open at 6pm.
Below are the topics being covered:
- Managing Your Money
- Insurance Planning
- Credit History
- Using Credit Wisely
- Increasing Your Credit Score
FREE Individual Credit Counseling
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Charrisse Smith, Financial Credit Counselor at the Pratt Area Community Council
Albert Hinds, Financial Services Professional at the New York Life Insurance Company
For more information call (718)398-0750.
Sponsors: Ms. Olanike Alabi, the 57th A.D. Democratic Organization
The “Interrupters” are hosting tryouts this Saturday, April 12th at noon.
They will be held in the gym of the Historic First Church Of God In Christ, located at 221 Kingston Avenue. For more info, click on the link below:
SOS Basket Ball
When: Tuesday, April 22nd at 6:30pm
Where:First Baptist Church of Crown Heights
450 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn, NY 11225 (Corner of Rogers Ave)
For more information, click here
Laurie Cumbo Presents:
Dental Health Day
Date: Saturday, April 5th
Time: 10am – 2pm
Where: Ingersoll Community Center
177 Myrtle Ave (Near Flatbush Avenue)
Brooklyn, NY 11201
For more information: www.sddsny.org • (718) 522-3939
~ MEETING NOTICE~
DATE: Thursday, April 10, 2014
PLACE: CNR-Center Light Health Care
727 Classon Avenue (corner of Park Place)
Brooklyn, NY 11213
TIME: 7:00 PM
1. Meeting Call to order
2. Roll Call
3. Acceptance of Minutes
5. Ms. Kirsten Defur from the Mayor’s Office to Combat Domestic Violence will make a brief presentation detailing the services provided by the unit.
6. Mr. Gerard Miller, Community Outreach Coordinator for Neighborhood Housing Services of Bed-Stuy (NHS) will make a presentation on NHS’s services
7. Hearing to remove Mr. Phu Duong and Ms. Marlene Saunders (charges against each to be read at meeting to give the cited members an opportunity to respond).
8. Action Items
a. Housing/ULURP Committee
b. SLA and Sidewalk Café Review Committee
c. Transportation Committee
9. Reports from the following committees:
Youth & Family Services
10. Old Business/New Business
11. Public Comments/Announcements